Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Song For You

I wrote you a song once. The entire week I dared not speak, I was afraid if I opened my lips to speak the words on my mind like uncaged birds they would flutter away never to be seen again. The scraps of paper that littered my floor were purchased at the store nonstop, and each time the pen would scratch the surface on the line I couldn't help but find myself lost, as if the words were gone. The days began to bleed, into night they melted and when I least expected the moon would leave and in it's place the sun arose. Atlast my task was done, a song on paper written to explain how I was smitten with the angelic being that is you. I raced and raced to your homely resting place to sing for you the sweet gentle mellow creation I did create with you in mind. For miles and miles I had aligned as many people I could find on Such short notice as I raced to your homely resting place to recite the thing I procured from my mind that reminded me of you. And so with shaking hands I took from my pocket the note I'd written that explained how smitten with you I really was, a true confession of my love. Here I stand my shaking hands and legs and feet and teeth and Tongue to acknowledge the mistake I've done, though Your love through song express is tantalizing I regret, I cannot sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment