Sunday, May 17, 2009

5/16/09 - I've Finally Realized

Im in love with her, but it is not you, though it may look like you on the outside, by all means resemble you on the outside, physically of course it is you, but I don't love you, my love is for her. I never realized how it was staring me in the face, they say people change, I've never believed that, but you once told me so yourself, you said that you've changed, and I turned a blind eye to it.
I see now that I was wrong and you, like so many other times were right, it is not you I love, not this person you have become, this thing you call yourself,this imposter. It was her, indeed you are as beautiful, physically, if not more, but the things I loved of you are gone now, lost or perhaps hidden deep inside, but love to me was not the physicalality of you, it was what you were made of, your beliefs, your values, your inner child, your innocence, and that,you have seen to it, was destroyed.
Its like a million pound weight has been lifted from within me, I finally realize the things one fights for when in love, only become clear with time. It was then that I would have given my life for you, though I dare say that is still so, it was then that anything you wished for would have been yours, though you would have fought me no doubt against it, it was then that you loved me equally if not more than I did you.
So I realize now, it was then that you will live in my head and my heart, it was then that you were the most precious thing I have ever known, and will ever know, it was then that I chose to love you forever, and although we have gone our separate ways, it is then that you live on for me, but it is now, that I feel I must tell you, I hate what you've become.

No comments:

Post a Comment