Thursday, May 21, 2009

5/21/09 - Rain

They all say it's dangerous, no doubt it is.
That even then, with all the thunder and lighting, i cant help but sit in the big couch at the front of the house, staring directly into the street.

it's raining, hard.

and even though they say the big tall trees that loom in front of the drive way, as if protecting the house from all danger, will be the first to know the sting of the lightning, i cant help but wonder, and think to myself, statistics cant always be right.

It's a storm outside, wind,and rain, and thunder, and of course ligthning. thought it is majestic, and hold a beauty of its own, i know what hides within it, past the blue and white dazzle of it's treacherous mask, danger.

They tell me it's dangerous, but i cant help feeling the need to stand, and slip outside, slowly and very sneaky like a fox, to take my chances standing in the middle of the street, where no tall trees can shield my body, where the powerful wind can whip the tiny drops of rain into me, and where thunder can boom at me from high above, as if warning that it brings danger with it's loud beastly roar.
Take my chances i think, with the powerful lightning, fast and deadly, majestic and beautiful in it's own way, and breathtakingly dangerous. i cant help but wonder what it would feel like, if perhaps on accident i were to find myself a little lost tonight, i wonder if i would feel the pain. if i would remember my deepest darkest thoughts, and feel once more before my heart exploded in my chest, a great and beautiful love.

They tell me the wind, and rain, and thunder, and most of all the lightning are dangerous, but i find the wondering most dangerous of all.


No comments:

Post a Comment