Sunday, April 26, 2009

12/29/08 - Last Night

I Dreamt Of You Last Night

And in my dream you took me by the hand and sat me down. We were alone, and you began to speak, on your face I could see you were preparing yourself for something hard. You conversed with me a while, of the past, of the present, and you thought to yourself perhaps you should not tell me, but you did.
With your sweet voice you uttered to me words which gave me passage into your mind, and with that path you lead me into your soul. But those sweet words were tainted, and soon enough the grief on your face and in your heart took form and turned to weapons, weapons which attacked my very being.
You began to weep and the tears that emerged broke me free from my catatonic state, your apologies for your mistake would not sink into me, I could not bear to picture the words you threw at me. And so I too began to weep, in your mind all you wanted was my forgiveness and all you saw were my tears of sorrow for the pain you were feeling. But inside me a pain emerged also, not for you, but for me, because although words could not describe how horrible you felt for your actions, they could also not describe how horrible you hurt me with your news.
I dreamt Of You Last Night,
And In My Dream You Murdered My Soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment