Sunday, April 26, 2009

12/6/08 - Pain

Today I cut myself,
It hurt,
But along with the pain came an unexpected fascination. As I watched the blood slowly flow from my hand and make its way down through my fingers moving with the steady sureness of a flowing creek, it began to grow cold and numb due to the life source once familiar to it escaping onto the floor.
Bright red sticky fluid leaking onto the floor draining my arm of feeling, and yet something about it was hypnotic, so I cut myself again, and felt the wound burn for a moment before becoming numb and cold like before. As I slice into the other hand the pain becomes less intense, another cut, but it isn't enough.
I go to work, cutting away until the pain hurts no more, a pool of blood lies at my feet as my heart races, pounding furiously in my chest. Further up my arm I begin to cut, furiously slicing away at the pain within, trying to reach it, trying to replace it, trying to calm its fierce hold on my insides.
and then I stop, breathing hard looking down and around at the blood, spattered all around, dripping from my fingers onto the floor, staining my shirt, coveting my hair.
I take a step, and numbness floods my body, I feel my heart slowing down, I move to turn, and gravity commands me down, I hit the floor hard
Gazing into the ceiling, I feel my heart stop
And death brings darkness to my eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment